Posted March 22, 2019
Pipitone Group is a marketing and communications firm that does great work with great people. How do we do it? We InteGREAT. Brand building and business building. Marketing and sales. We develop multi-disciplined, integrated approaches—and then execute them flawlessly—to help clients achieve results.
Can You Cultivate? Integrate? Motivate? We are seeking an Account Supervisor who knows how to grow and nurture strong client relationships. We are looking for someone who understands integration and knows how to apply marketing strategy across all media. Someone who knows how to organize, inspire a team and drive better thinking. This individual will supervise the development of integrated marketing, advertising and communication programs for key accounts. The Account Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Assuming a leadership role within the Account Services team, helping to prioritize and manage overall client assignments and department workflow. Serve as a mentor to Account Executives and Assistant Account Executives.
- Utilizing client and industry expertise to strategize, supervise, plan, and execute strategic marketing activities for clients.
- Ensuring comprehensive and concise communication between internal and external Client teams by assuming a leadership position in client calls and meetings (i.e., internal status meetings).
- Consulting with other departments as needed to be certain client objectives are clearly understood and effective strategic solutions are developed.
- Reviewing Client team members’ work to ensure that it reflects the client’s approved strategy and objectives prior to submission to the Executive team and client.
- Staying abreast of general marketing trends and best practices.
As a dynamic team player you will work in collaboration with the executive team to create this company’s absolute best work, bringing innovative bold ideas to life coupled with service excellence.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field with a minimum of 5 years B2B/B2C experience in Account Services required. Strong technical skills in MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, email, database software required, as well as strong perceptive and analytic abilities.
Please submit resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Posted March 20, 2019
Elisco’s Creative Café is looking for a Graphic Designer with two to five year’s experience, solid design skills, and an appreciation for Italian food and a Mediterranean lifestyle. The designer will work independently and as a member of a project team. Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud software.
Send samples and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Marketing Operations Technology Lead
Job ID: 1900009V
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Health Plan
Department: Marketing Communications
Location: 600 Grant St, Pittsburgh PA 15219
UPMC has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Operations Technology Lead at its downtown Pittsburgh location at the U.S. Steel Tower. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day technical operations of various marketing platforms, platform reporting, and managing technology projects to meet business goals. The Marketing Operations Technology Lead will work as a liaison between IT support staff, marketing staff, and staff from different lines of business to build and maintain configurations utilizing marketing technology platforms. This role should be well versed in concepts such as technology integration, Application Programing Interfaces (APIs), data quality, and workflow processes. This position reports to Sr. Manager, Marketing Operations and Technology.
- Manage aspects of various marketing technology platforms including vendor relationships, administrative functions, process improvements, user account permissions, reporting, IT needs, and assist in championing the use of these technologies in the department.
- Perform the configuration and testing of audience “journey” tracking for CTA’s between communication tactics & various systems that support campaign analysis, dynamic content, reporting, and personalization.
- Be the first line of support for marketing technology issues, and coordinate with internal and external support staff only when needed.
- Manage ad-hoc projects for marketing technologies such as integration into our portals, single sign on functionality, and system updates.
- Be aware of vendor platform upgrades and how they impact the department, including writing the department communications about these changes and provide support to staff when needed.
- Perform a business analyst function to evaluate marketing technologies that fill the gap for various business needs.
- Work as a liaison between internal departments and vendors to implement cross-departmental marketing technologies and develop operational processes around marketing technology with marketing administration and operations staff.
- Develop efficient data structures, inputs, and processes for Marketing platforms owned and implemented by Marketing Operations, including the upstream and downstream effects of data format changes.
- Maintain platform utilization statistics and reporting to assist with implementation strategies for increased use of these systems by marketing staff.
- Act as the subject matter expert on API documentation & platform data elements across all technology platforms during implementation projects, or for departmental reporting and analytics needs.
- Lead or assist on the communication between IT and Marketing staff for technical issue resolution of different severity, through access to the IT Department ticketing systems.
- Document technical processes and maintain platform information in the Marketing Knowledgebase as the primary contact in Marketing Operations for all technology platforms.
- Translate permission differences to staff who create or revoke user accounts in various Marketing platforms.
- Support the other team members from the Marketing Operations and Marketing Administration teams as needed, including project management efforts, operational reporting requests, marketing automation, channel readiness, and operations leadership.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Marketing, or Information Technology, with a proper understanding of Marketing department functions.
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in supporting marketing automation, marketing system deployment, or technical integration between marketing and business platforms.
- Knowledge of the evaluation process for technology selection, and experience writing business requirements for technology integration.
- Knowledge of the data used in Marketing reporting and operations, the various functions of different IT roles, and the general marketing system landscape.
- Ability to take business processes and align them to technical processes and capabilities.
- Must be able to document project and task work appropriately, and present information in both technical and non-technical formats for different audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional technical projects, implementation and maintenance of marketing platforms.
- Must be structured, organized, proactive, and able to work independently with little direction.
- Experience with managing technical calls with vendor support staff and making configuration changes in marketing systems as needed.
Posted March 14, 2019
At MarketSpace Communications, we thrive on turning out the kind of creative work that can stop people in their tracks. Part of how we do this is through our digital work. We are committed to thinking outside of the box—or the page, for that matter—and coming up with ideas that drive traffic, generate sales, and meet any other needs clients demand.
With so much interactive coming through, we’re ready to boost our team with the addition of a UX/UI Designer.
We’re looking for a well-rounded designer with experience specifically in the digital space. But at MarketSpace, the client commitment is just as important as the work itself. So we’re seeking someone who loves maintaining robust relationships and exceeding client needs. This role requires someone who has experience in designing websites that are not only aesthetically pleasing, but are outstanding in functionality and UX/UI. Experience in responsive design is a must. Design experience should also extend to other digital and traditional outlets, with overall skills in typography, iconography and art direction. These are things that the designer will work closely with our developers on to ensure best-in-class executions.
A UX/UI Designer’s responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience in website design, including responsive/mobile first
- Experience in other digital channels and applications
- Ability to apply best practice UX/UI into design
- Excellence in design principles, including typography, illustration, iconography, art direction, photography selection and application, etc.
- Work with Developers on creating best user experience through design, including UX/UI
- Work with the Digital Director and Developers on project planning, which includes defining project scope, timeline and estimated hours
- Creating relationships and trust with clients
- Managing day-to-day workflow on digital projects to ensure that all project milestones are achieved and deadlines are met
- Presenting work to clients and being able to speak to design rationale
- Collaborate with other MarketSpace team members – digital, creative and account – working on projects for the same client to ensure cohesion of message and brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or other related field
- 5-7 years experience as a designer, with at least 2 of those years focused in digital design
- Required software skills include Microsoft Programs and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with content management systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a team environment
Posted March 11, 2019
Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We like creating family-friendly games that are transformational and fun. Presently, we focus on creating a wide variety of innovative gaming experiences including theme park installations, web-based MMO’s, next generation consoles, social games, and mobile platforms.
Do you believe games can be fun and emotionally engaging? Would you agree that games can positively affect people?
If you answered “YES!” to both questions, you might be a fit for our studio!
We are seeking a skilled marketing coordinator to join an energetic, fast-paced marketing department. The Marketing Coordinator will support the department’s initiatives as it promotes its services and games to B-to-B and B-to-C audiences.
This tech-savvy individual possesses outstanding communication and organizational skills. They will be friendly, curious, and adaptive, and enjoy working in a team-driven environment. The candidate will have a passion for games and understand the complexities of various game and social communities.
This position will report to the Sr. Director of Marketing.
This position is a full-time (40 hours per week), temporary position (6 to 9 month engagement).
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Conceive, develop, and implement marketing campaigns that align with overall strategic marketing efforts of the department
- Develop strong written content that aligns directly with the target channel and audience (e.g. writing blog posts, articles, email newsletters, communications materials)
- Create compelling visual content for use on various channels and platforms (e.g. infographics, videos, gifs, and other visuals)
- Develop and execute social media campaigns using the proper tone and voice of the channel
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns
- Assist with various PR activities, including award submissions, online media kits, and list maintenance
- Maintain content on the company’s various websites
- Handle sponsorship requests
- Coordinate with Marketing and Development Teams to ensure brand consistency
- Respond to informational requests, comments, and customer queries in a timely manner
- Use various measurement tools to report on campaign and channel effectiveness
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, email marketing, and social media marketing
- Strong communication, copywriting, and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of popular social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Ability to interact as part of a team and to contribute to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Prior work experience as a marketing coordinator or a similar role
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite is essential
- Experience with video production and editing would be valuable
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Game industry experience preferred
Posted February 12, 2019
Social Media & Digital Brand Manager – Primanti Bros. Restaurant & Bar
The Social Media & Digital Brand Manager is responsible for advancing a cherished, home-town favorite Primanti Bros. brand image across paid and owned social & digital channels, which ultimately drives sales, Guest (Fan) traffic, frequency, and loyalty.
We have a rich history going back to our first location in the Strip District back in ’33 and are now in 6 states!
Just a few of your responsibilities would include:
Ensuring a cohesive digital experience aligning with Primanti Bros. established and documented marketing & messaging strategies.
Managing multiple projects related to the digital presence of our brand.
Accountable for the growth of Primanti Bros. social influence and audience in both core & expansion markets.
Engaging in brand-building community involvement.
Monitoring, responding, tracking, and analyzing on-line restaurant reviews, elevating issues when necessary.
Coordinating content creation with internal Team, partner agencies, and operations staff.
Proactively create social content pillars and underlying story-lines that are deployable in both paid and organic execution, to which our Fan base will respond positively.
Ensuring all major campaigns and initiatives launch correctly across all digital touch-points, including website, app, email, social & digital media.
We offer very competitive pay, PTO, health benefits, a crazy-fun environment to work in, and a free “sammich” now and again, along with much more!
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Pittsburgh, PA (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Posted February 1, 2019
Public Relations Manager Position – Blender, Inc.
Blender, Inc., is Pittsburgh’s leading integrated marketing firm specializing in work with non-profits, arts organizations and educational institutions. We’ve taken our combined decades of results-driven marketing work in the corporate, commercial, and retail industries and blended it with heart for our community. That’s why Blender is like no other advertising agency in Pittsburgh. Learn more at www.blenderadv.com.
At Blender, Inc., the selected candidate will join an experienced team of innovative communicators to produce powerful, results-oriented work. The individual will manage the development of public relations plans and tactics for a variety of clients. Potential for growth within the company.
- Lead development and execution of integrated communication plans including strategy, goals, tactics and measurement
- Develop effective media relations strategies, seeking prominent placements in print, broadcast and digital media
- Coordinate and execute all public relations activities
- Develop and cultivate strong media relationships across relevant media
- Manage media pitches, follow-up, inquiries and interview requests
- Thoroughly prepare clients for media appearances through practice sessions, development of key messages/talking points
- Conduct interviews and author journalistic style articles
- Work in cooperation with social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Create content for press releases, byline articles, thought leadership pieces, key messages/talking points
- Develop and send email campaigns using Constant Contact
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on an ongoing basis
- Maintain a current understanding of industry trends affecting clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field with 3-5 years of experience
- A positive, enthusiastic, self-starter with a strong desire to do good
- Experience in media relations, writing, editing, project management is required
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage various assignments for multiple clients at once
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Passionate about finding new and interesting ways to tell stories
- Strong communicator (written and verbal) with a solid understanding of media relations
- Comfort and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Interested? Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Posted January 29, 2019
DIGITAL BRAND COORDINATOR
Pittsburgh Magazine is seeking a motivated Digital Brand Coordinator to join the advertising sales team and grow new business across the digital channels within the flagship magazine.
This energetic and self-driven person will work with business owners, marketing directors, and advertising agencies, both locally and nationally. The ideal candidate must be able to create, present, and close digital directory programs that lead to increased new revenue and market share of the advertising budget. This role will focus on expanding the directory listings program called Find It. The candidate should be motivated, organized, goal-oriented, and possess an outgoing personality and professional demeanor. Our sales professionals must be able to prospect, make cold calls, and develop new business while maintaining existing accounts. Detail-oriented and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be able to thrive in an informal yet high-pressure and deadline driven environment. Compensation package includes salary plus commission and company benefits. This position will report directly to the Advertising Director.
To Apply: Candidates should send a cover letter and resumé to
Rachel Winner-Eberhardt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted January 8, 2019
Pittsburgh Opera, Inc., a Level II member of Opera America and a constituent organization of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, has an immediate opening and is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Manager of Graphic Design.
The Manager of Graphic Design will design and create the majority of Pittsburgh Opera’s marketing and promotional materials, with the ultimate goal of making our mission and message engaging, interesting, and compelling to our patrons, donors, and the public at large.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, creation, and finished production of marketing and promotional materials
- Program Books for six operas a season, plus for community events such as our Brown Bag concerts, and various other recitals/performances
- Print ads (magazines, newspapers)
- Out-of-home ads (billboards, transit ads)
- Direct mail pieces (brochures, postcards) for subscription, group, and single ticket sales
- Promotional flyers
- Event/in-theater signage
- Digital ads
- Various Development materials to promote individual, corporate, and foundation giving and related fundraisers/events
- Miscellaneous collateral materials
- Contribute new ideas, suggest and implement improvements, bring to life Pittsburgh Opera’s visual identity and message
- Gather content, concept layouts, prepare finished copy and art, prep files and final layouts · Serve as Pittsburgh Opera’s primary liaison to printers/publishers for the above – get quotes for jobs, submit artwork, review proofs, confirm delivery
- Collaborate with both internal and external constituencies and partners; take feedback from stakeholders and incorporate into designs/revisions
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices, including keeping up-to-date with the latest software and computer technologies
- Serve as a Pittsburgh Opera representative at company events and performances – greet patrons, answer questions, etc.
The Manager of Graphic Design will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5+ years’ experience, either client-side or at an agency
- Fluency in relevant Adobe Creative Cloud products– InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro
- Creativity · Attention to detail
- Deadline-oriented and self-motivated, with a passion for excellence
- Graphic Design, layout, and typography skills · Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work off-hours for company events and performance
Helpful, but not required:
- Knowledge of opera
- Passion for the arts
Salary and Benefits:
- The position is full-time exempt. Salary is commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills.
- Benefits include medical, dental, and vision; paid vacation and holidays.
The Pittsburgh Opera is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please respond by email only to Kristin Gatch at email@example.com. Your application package should include a cover letter providing your salary requirements/expectations and resume
Posted December 6, 2018
UPMC Health Plan has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Designer in its downtown Pittsburgh location at the U.S. Steel Tower.
The Digital Designer utilizes artistic, analytical, and technical skills to design art, direct, and manage the production of intermediate and advanced graphic materials such as public microsites, landing pages, social media assets and other digital needs. This position will interact with design and editorial staff, division directors, clients, vendors, and other UPMC faculty and staff to produce high quality products that meet project objectives.
Through web design and user experience best practices, this role will support maintenance of existing and creation of new public web properties for the UPMC Insurance Services Division. Commitment to the user, a passion for technology and design, and a knowledge of changing digital and device trends to create effective online experiences will be characteristics of a strong candidate.
In addition, the Digital Designer leads the design staff in all technology matters specific to design and provides technology training to other designers as needed on the implementation of new technologies. He/she will also function as the key intermediary between technology and design. Responsibilities include keeping current with technology and software to ensure timely updates, and problem-solving technology issues in coordination with other technology staff.
- Ability to interact with IT for quality assurance experience and debugging.
- Apply current campaign standards to visuals on web and other digital channels.
- Collaborate with interdepartmental workgroups to establish a comprehensive digital design system and an icon library.
- Create visual narratives for marketing and social media campaigns.
- Curate photography used on the web, portals, and social media.
- Design and develop microsites for targeted marketing campaigns and external clients.
- Design landing pages and components to integrate with existing web grids.
- Incorporate Human Centered Design methods into Digital team sessions and lead departmental sub-groups in Human Centered design exercises/workshops.
- Liaison with Consumer Innovation, Marketing Communications, and IT to establish cohesive digital practices.
- Prototype user experience improvements for web interactions and make recommendations for optimal experience.
- Update existing web content with visual modernization, inclusive design for accessibility, and to improve technical SEO standards.
- Five (5) years of experience.
- B.A. degree in Graphic Design.
- Knowledge of and experience in using computer graphics and electronic imaging hardware and software to perform basic and complex graphic design and production functions required.
- Well-rounded portfolio of actual projects that demonstrate design and production abilities required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Full vision capabilities; Knowledge of working with CMS systems such as WordPress required, Adobe Creative Cloud software suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and related tools.
- Email automation software, online template automation applications Digital Asset Management applications.
- Stock photo portal applications and photo library software variable-data design tools.
- Cloud technologies as they relate to design or file storage and transfer preferred.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Please click here for more information and to apply.
Posted December 6, 2018
Posted December 3, 2018
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Auberle is seeking a passionate, mission-driven, servant-leader to be part of the agency Executive Team.
Organization: Auberle is a dynamic, award-winning human service agency operating 20+ services from multiple sites with 266 staff serving 4,000 at risk people annually in Southwestern PA. The agency launched 5 new programs since July 1, 2017. Auberle is a collaborative force in the region with 80+ partners in our 412 Youth Zone and 100 businesses and 48 agencies in our Employment Institute. The success of those we serve has been recognized with many awards including the national Aramark Organizational Leadership Award this February for “great leadership, strategic governance, a focus on equity, a culture of partnership and innovation, and a commitment to values-based advocacy;” national Agency of the Year by the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities; Wishart Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management; Smart 50 company by Smart Business magazine; and the Innovation Award from the Pittsburgh Business Times, the only human service agency recognized. Six years in a row the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has named Auberle a Best Place to Work.
Position Overview: The focus of the Director of Development is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The Director will be expected to participate on a national level in our networks.
This position is important to Auberle. With the growth of Auberle services noted above, fund raising creates sustainable programs to solve seemingly intractable problems, drives innovation and upgrades to programs, facilities, and staff development. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
The Director of Development will lead the efforts of fundraising, marketing, and volunteer management. The Director provides agency wide leadership, reports to the Chief Executive Officer and supervises 3.5 other professionals. The position supports the development efforts of two dedicated Boards of Directors and a large base of volunteers. The position benefits from being in an agency that documents successful outcome data in every program. Development raises in excess of $1.4 million annually.
Key Performance Objectives:
1. Create and execute a comprehensive development plan that utilizes performance metrics in conjunction with the agency Strategic Plan.
2. Lead and inspire the development team with positive reinforcement and help them develop their skills and abilities.
3. Market the agency using outcome data regularly to all constituencies, including donors, referral agencies, key decision makers and clients.
4. Expand our network to increase the number of individual and corporate donors and our level of unrestricted donations to support innovation.
5. Establish and sustain internal and external relationships: Use strong communication skills and marketing abilities to establish and manage relationships professionally, both within and outside the organization.
6. Administer the department: Manage the budget. Review and create departmental policies and procedures as needed.
7. Participate in agency planning: Offer insight and guidance to the short and long-term planning of the agency and participate as an active member of the agency executive team regarding key agency strategies. Be a servant leader competent in the Sanctuary Model and committed to following the precepts of our mission.
8. Lead and follow as needed.
Principal Qualifications and Skills
1. Five or more years of experience in the following: Fundraising, Marketing or Sales; Managing staff and budgets; Performance-based organizations; and Mission-based environments
2. Holistic approach to development to raise friends, funds, and awareness
3. Proven track record of creating and executing a development plan with a history of securing unrestricted funding and direct solicitation of gifts. Comparable sales experience also considered
4. Outstanding relationship building skills with internal and external constituents
5. Excellent verbal and electronic communication skills
6. Ability to communicate a passion for Auberle’s mission of working with children and families
7. Proven ability to research and benchmark practices and employ data to guide decisions
8. Knowledge of database management and understanding of systems to support the position
9. Experience with managing budgets
10. Act 33/34 clearances required
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with salary history to Suzanne Taleff, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified. Auberle is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted November 27, 2018
Senior Level Back End Developer
Actual Size is looking for a full-time in-house PHP/Laravel Developer to join our team. The candidate needs to be detail-oriented, driven, with the ability to work with a team and perform at a high level. We are looking for a thinker as much as a developer, someone that will determine technical solutions alongside the creative team for client projects.
- Lead meetings with clients; answer questions, provide input
- Establish schedules, estimate effort and write a plan to meet project needs
- Lead internal meetings collaborating with other developers, designers, writers, etc
- Work together with team members to develop functionality plans
- Delegate development tasks with available resources and/or source additional resources to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters proactively, and following through on projects to successful completion
- 3-5 (minimum) Years of Experience in the following:
- Laravel or similar MVC experience
- Version Control
- Strong understanding of full lifecycle PHP development including coding, testing, and deployment
- Must be organized, work gracefully under pressure and switch between projects seamlessly in a fast-paced environment
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Mobile App Development Experience
- AWS Knowledge
- Version Control System including GIT
- WordPress Development Experience
- Front-End Development Experience
Must be organized, work gracefully under pressure and switch between projects seamlessly in a fast-paced environment.
Please pass along any relevant links, work samples and resume at actualsize.com/jobs.