Marketing Intern – Spark Signs & Graphics
We are searching for an intern candidate who has a passion for marketing and would like to be part of a sign and graphics business in Mars.
In doing so, the candidate would work directly with the owner of the company, who is a 20-year advertising industry veteran. This is the perfect position for someone looking for a well-rounded experience in not only marketing, but in driving a growing and fast-paced sign business targeting businesses of all sizes.
Job Requirements and Skills:
- You are a positive person
- You are a team player who works well with others
- You have a hunger to learn and you take direction well from others
- You are able to work both independently and collaboratively
- You have an openness and curiosity to learn other facets of the sign industry
- Social Media management
- E-Blast Campaigns
- Writing, Posting, Updating contacts
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram
- Directory listings
- E-Blast Campaigns
- Website Management
- Adding blogs
- Adding pages
- Adding Photos
- Project Management
- Aiding the flow of client projects through the design/production/installation process
- Competitive Intelligence:
- Research regional pricing and offerings
- Customer Service:
- Answer phones and take messages
About Spark Signs & Graphics
Spark Signs & Graphics is a member company of Signworld, who for over 30 years has created a powerful network, including 300 sign companies nationally and a strong roster of preferred partner vendors. Our production facility is in Mars and we service the entire Pittsburgh area.
We design, create and install signs of all types, including interior and exterior signs, vehicle graphics & wraps and event & trade show displays. Our Design & Production Manager has over 25 years of experience which is invaluable when thinking through substrate and production solutions.
We have a state-of-the-art HP 360 printer so our color matching capability is excellent. In addition, the HP is a latex printer so it’s more environmentally friendly than solvent printers. For those projects in which we need fabrication of sign systems or larger signs (e.g. illuminated channel), we have go-to partner vendors and manage projects seamlessly.
We are nimble enough to turn projects small and large around quickly, and have the experience of doing work for PPG, American Eagle, Cool Springs Sports Complex, Farmers Insurance, Longwood Senior Care Network, the American Diabetes Association, First National Bank and NexTier Bank, Oxford Athletic Club, Wahlburgers, Qdoba, Marco Contractors, and countless other businesses.
Want to have an exciting summer learning how to manage the creative process for businesses? We are searching for a Project Management Intern at Actual Size that will get to work with some of the most forward thinking communicators.
As a Project Manager Intern you will be responsible assisting the Project Management staff in coordinating all aspects of Actual Size creative. You will be responsible for helping to support your Project Manager in day to day tasks and to work collaboratively with the company’s design and development team. You will assist in writing project goals and work plans for each project, coordinating/tracking assets for each project and helping with scheduling and communication during the project implementation process.
Day to Day
- Assist the Project Manager in prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters proactively, and following through on projects to successful completion
- Help manage internal processes through Asana, Google Drive, Basecamp and other project management tools
- Provide clients, team, and the Project Manager with status updates daily on project progress and goals
- Create and update project plans, work flows and final project summary documentation
- Collaborate with team members to provide creative solutions to optimize internal and external processes and tools that will enable the best creative delivery
- Currently in pursuit of minimum of Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Delegate development tasks with available resources and/or source additional resources to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to effectively communicate with designers, web developers internally at Actual Size
- Must be organized, work gracefully under pressure and switch between projects seamlessly in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of Google Suite
- Understanding of social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- WordPress experience
- Asana, Google Drive, and Basecamp experience
- PMI Certification
Actual Size is looking for a Front End Web Developer Intern who is looking to help make the internet a better place. The candidate needs to be driven and motivated to push themselves and everyone around them to perform at a high level.
- Attending meetings to collaborate about the developer portion of a product along with what would/would not work.
- Work together with designers to create content that will adapt well on the web
- Turning Photoshop/Sketch documents into a website
- Helping maintain current sites: updates, security issues, etc
- Assisting with QA & Bug Fixes
- HTML, CSS
Nice To Have Knowledge
- LESS & SASS
- Photoshop & Sketch
We’re looking for an inspired and passionate Junior Graphic Designer to help create designs that tell the stories of our clients. The candidate needs to be driven and motivated to push themselves and everyone around them to perform at a high level.
- Deliver thoughtful, inspiring and energetic results, in short amounts of time, on tasks large and small based on a given brief.
- Work with Senior Graphic Designer and Art Director to develop concepts and implement design strategies for quality solutions
- Work and collaborate across multiple teams: a mix of graphic design for print & digital including print brochures, advertisements, collateral, web design, packaging, POP, e-blasts.
- Assist with additional day-to-day requests including image resizing, color correcting, photography and presentation mock-ups
- Demonstrated expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, principally Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Portfolio showing innovative design solutions, strong aesthetic sensibility in typography and visuals.
- Be a quick thinker, and an even faster doer
- Must be independent, and able to see a creative project from idea conceptualization through to final execution
- Must be aware of production techniques and should be able to coordinate with vendors.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, written and verbal. Must be aware of the latest market and media trends, new aesthetics, materials, graphic styles, typography, and most importantly, solving problems.
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Job Title: Ambassador Program Intern
Duration: Summer Semester
Date: March 2019
Start Date: May (specific date flexible)
End Date: August (specific date flexible)
Length of Internship: Approximately 12 weeks, 250 hours
Hours: 20 hours per week average
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank is particularly aware that today’s college and graduate school students are struggling financially. To address this need and to honor the memory of Brian Johnston, son of Lorraine and Ken Johnston, retired Peoples Natural Gas officer and long-time Food Bank supporter, together Peoples Natural Gas and the Food Bank have created the Brian Johnston Memorial Internship.
As part of the Brian Johnston Memorial Internship program, the Ambassador Volunteer Program Intern will design, develop and launch an Ambassador Volunteer Program. The goal of this Ambassador Volunteer Program is to have a team of highly skilled volunteers who are deeply knowledgeable about the Food Bank and willing to attend events on the Food Bank’s behalf.
Through this internship, the intern will gain valuable skills and experience in:
Program Design and Development
- Through research and shadowing current Community Fundraising and Community Engagement team members, the intern will develop standard presentations that volunteers will then use during their speaking opportunities — presentations will vary by audience, i.e. grade school groups, university groups, community organizations etc.
- The Intern will develop a training plan for volunteers to ensure they have adequate knowledge of the Food Bank’s history, programming, and future goals. This training will include implicit bias and civil rights training.
Management and Leadership
- The Intern will be tasked with recruitment of volunteers, including screening volunteers for this specific skilled volunteer opportunity, ensuring volunteers are willing to meet the travel and time obligations that might go along with their volunteer commitment and ensuring volunteers secure any clearances that will be required.
- The Intern will train volunteers in both Food Bank history, operations, the future goal as well as guidelines for delivering this information to various audiences.
- The Intern will work with volunteers to maintain the scheduling of presentation opportunities.
- Audit volunteer-led speaking engagements to provide appropriate critique and answer any questions that volunteers have.
- Reaching out to community leaders and centers to provide information on the Food Bank to not only those who seek us out, those who are donors, and those who wish to volunteer, but also, those who may need or know someone who needs our services.
Tracking and Measurement
- The Intern will develop a mechanism to track the activity of the program.
- Develop reporting based on tracking that provides insight into the program, i.e. tallying monthly visits, conversions as a result of the visit, relationship growths gained.
- This tracking and measurement will help develop a plan for sustaining the Ambassador Volunteer Program after the Internship has ended.
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Experience with relationship management of customers/clients, preferably with volunteers.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work environment; ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work with communities to engage and recruit supporters through various channels.
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Additionally, prefer experience working with CRM database(s).
- Valid driver’s’ license.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to pass the Act 33 and Act 34 clearances.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned by management as required.
How to Apply: Go to https://cssgpfb.sentrichr.com/?requisition=117 click apply, create a login, fill out our online application, and attach a cover letter and resume.
Posted January 8, 2019
Pittsburgh Opera is looking for Student Ambassadors for the 2018-19 season! For more information please visit, https://www.pittsburghopera.org/about/employment-internships/