August 2014–July 2015
August 6, 2014
Celebrate the ChiefsOlive or Twist
October 8, 2014
The Pitch - Student CompetitionAgencies participating are Brunner, Chemistry, Garrison Hugh
What is The Pitch?
The Pitch is a 2 part competition focused on advertising and its associated disciplines. You will receive hands-on experience by working at a Pittsburgh advertising agency on a real-world project with a local non-profit organization. The first part of the program is a one-day challenge in one of several agencies. After the first phase, the competition field will be narrowed to two teams. Those teams then compete live.
Who should register?
YOU… if you are a junior or senior interested in the field of advertising and its related disciplines (creative, consumer research, brand strategy, media planning, account management, etc.).
How does The Pitch work?
On Wednesday, October 8, 2014, you will work in one of six teams to address the client challenge. Once you are registered you will be assigned to an agency and given more details about the day.
What agencies are participating?
We’ve added a sixth agency this year! This year’s competition includes: Brunner, Chemistry, Garrison Hughes, Gatesman+Dave, MARC, and Mullen.
Why do you need to participate?
The Pitch is intensive, real-world, and really cool. You will gain invaluable insight into the advertising world and its work, while gaining access to a top Pittsburgh agency and its ad professionals. You will build your resume, professional portfolio, and contacts while doing something that will help you determine if this field is right for you.
What’s in it for you?
• Pittsburgh Advertising Federation Student Membership
• Exposure to agency setting and to agency personnel
• Goodie Bag
What happens if your team moves onto Phase 2?
• Your team will have another chance to meet and prepare for the live presentation
• We will work with the teams’ schedules and the non-profit to determine the most convenient time and place for the second, live Pitch, phase of the competition.
What happens if your team wins the competition?
Winning team members are entitled to:
• Public recognition at Pittsburgh Addy awards in Feb / March 2015.
• Resume review by industry professionals, followed by resume distribution to the entire Pittsburgh Advertising Federation’s Board of Directors for potential future employment consideration.
• Possible execution of concepts by the client.
• Best of all - Bragging rights!
What’s the timeframe?
You will need to be onsite at your assigned agency by 9:15 a.m. for an agency tour and an introduction to your client’s challenge. The day ends at 5 p.m. A more detailed schedule will come with your registration confirmation.
Business casual. This can include blue jeans—without holes. No hats. The key? Be professional.