American Advertising Federation Pittsburgh Scholarship Fund
The American Advertising Federation Pittsburgh Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to build stronger ties between the Pittsburgh advertising community and local college, technical school and university level students entering the advertising field. The motivation for the scholarship is to inspire and reward outstanding candidates who have demonstrated potential success in the field and to bring cultural diversity to the Pittsburgh advertising industry.
- Attend a local institution of higher education as an undergraduate student at the junior or senior level.
- Reside in Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Butler County, Fayette County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Mercer County, Washington County or Westmoreland County in Pennsylvania.
- Pursue a degree or studies in communications, marketing, or advertising.
- Have a demonstrated academic interest or creative talent in the fields of studies pursuant to a career in advertising. Studies might include, but are not limited to, advertising, art, business, communications, graphic design, marketing, public relations and writing.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be someone who demonstrates academic interest or creative talent in fields of studies pursuant to a career in advertising (i.e.. advertising, art, business, communications, graphic design, marketing, public relations, writing).
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit an original letter of academic recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the student’s abilities.
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.
DEADLINE: Our application period is now closed. Please visit again for information on our 2020 scholarship application process.
Contact for more information:
- The Pittsburgh Foundation: Jennifer Marino – firstname.lastname@example.org